Location: Dallas/Fort Worth area working virtual/remote with field work required within the North Texas, Central TX, West TX and Oklahoma territory.
Job Summary: Responsible for overall account management aspects for large service oriented businesses, as well as small to medium sized accounts; provides loss control expertise and support in the areas of marketing research, risk selection, and solicitation of desirable classes of business within the Zonal environment; provides technical recommendations regarding account selection and criteria for risk quality; works directly with customers and agents to retain accounts and improve results; may have lead responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides service on all sizes of accounts with emphasis on large accounts (i.e. accounts with multiple locations or multiple operations)
- Manages relationship with these accounts across Zones and determines corporate service needs; identifies loss trends. Coordinate and monitor delivery and costs of various services to accounts. Communicate information on accounts to all locations, including corporate office.
- Develops report formats/loss control tools appropriate for account; prepares and communicates comprehensive account information to insured corporate level and management team.
- Designs, develops, organizes and conducts training and staff development programs for internal and external customers.
- Attends and participates in business meetings. Participates in joint calls with underwriting to agents and customers. Completes research and support for programs from HO as requested.
- Acts as resource for other staff members. Perform other functions as assigned.
Educational Requirements: Four-year college degree in a technical area such as science or engineering or business. Certified Safety Professional (CSP), ARM, CPCU or equivalent preferred. Must have general underwriting knowledge of risk selection guidelines, and coverage implications of products sold.
Experience Requirements: Ten years of commercial insurance carrier experience in the loss control or risk management fields in non-clerical roles for the Sr Loss Control position. Will consider 5-10 experience for a Consultant Position.
Special Skills Requirement
- Applicants must have approved AWCC, FSR or APSS and TDI-LCR designations.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills including the ability to communicate abstract ideas to agents, customers, underwriters, district managers, state executives and all other levels of corporate management.
- Industry or line-of-business expertise, however, must be able to service all areas.
- Account relationship and management skills.
- Working knowledge on the application of software programs for the servicing and management of service-oriented accounts.
- Proficient in application of engineering and science technology relating to surveys and underwriting concerns.
- Competent in applicable local, state and federal codes and standards; (i.e., NFPA, building, OSHA, life safety, Product Safety Commission, etc ).
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates can apply at www.Farmers.com or use the following link: https://insurance-careers.taleo.net/careersection/ext_cs_location_us/jobdetail.ftl?job=180003BD.